Updated: Oct 22, 2019
GIVEAWAY AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST
Back in Austin again! We try to make a road trip to Austin 2-3 times a year. This time we went with our mom and it was loads of fun. The city has so much to see and do. From eccentric street art to scenic biking trails, Austin has a lot to offer every tourist.
We partnered with Toyota to make the short trip from Dallas to Austin. We got to cruise all of Austin in a 2019 4Runner Limited Night Shade. We felt so spoiled. The ride itself was so smooth and the acoustics are a perfect match for our Spotify playlist. Plus, this model got 4 stars or more in the government 5-star safety ratings. Our favorite feature was the black 20” alloy wheels and the detailed interior. Huge thank you to Toyota and Drive Shop for letting us drive the vehicle!
If you are a first-timer in Austin, or a local, this is the perfect guide for you. There are some many things to see and do. If you find yourself in Austin, use our Ultimate Itinerary as a guide!! It will blow your mind.
Some of the activities listed in this itinerary included:
• Wine Tasting
This guide is jam-packed with amazing experiences. We included restaurants (vegan-friendly), entertainment, outdoor adventures, and more to help you get the most out of your vacation! For more Austin fun read our top picks for the best Instagrammable spots, top Texas wineries, and the best restaurants for vegan food and drink.
*Note: You will need a car or another method of transportation to get around.
Day 1 – Kayaking and Wine Touring
• 8:00 am – Breakfast: Head over to Kerbey Lane for a delicious breakfast. Kerbey Lane first opened in 1980 serving made-from-scratch comfort food. Now, they are an Austin favorite with multiple locations around the city. We ordered the Vegan Breakfast Platter with coffee. It came with homemade veggie breakfast patties, vegan chorizo, tofu scramble (tofu, veggies, tomato, green onion, and nutritional yeast) vegan vanilla pancakes, fruit and home fries. ($15)
• 10:30 am – Activity 1: We didn’t get to go kayaking due to the weather but we recommend booking with Lone Star Kayak for their Serenity Tour. This guided kayaking eco-tour takes place on the beautiful Lady Bird Lake. The lake is home to some of the best views of Austin beauty and wildlife. Your guide navigates you through this area of wildlife and shares interesting information about Austin. ($55)
• 1:30 pm – Activity 2: Visit the Duchman Family Winery for a taste of Texas wine. When visiting the winery, you can opt for a wine flight of your choice for $15. The flight comes with 6 tastes of wine. Luckily for us, we got to taste all 13 of their wines! Our wine steward, Marco, led us through the tasting and taught us about each type of wine.. We enjoyed their 2017 Vermentino and 2017 Viognier the most. ($15)
• 5:30 pm – Happy Hour: Book a reservation and sip cocktails or coffee at P6. P6 is a colorful rooftop bar at The Line Hotel! The bar's sixth-story vantage points serve up an eyeful with panoramic views across the lake, the Austin skyline, and down Congress Avenue. You can book reservations online to sit outside or inside. ($15)
• 6:30 pm – Dinner: Lenior is a local farm to table restaurant with a wine garden. Yes, a wine garden! This restaurant is a little expensive, but please treat yourself by eating a four-course meal here. Our favorite course was the Vegetable Crepe. ($60 for four course + $40 for wine pairing optional. Note: Regular
Total Per Person: $115-200 plus tax and tip
Day 2 – Zip-lining
• 8:00 am – Breakfast: Grab coffee at Manana. Manana is a chic, blue coffee shop located in the South Congress Hotel. The menu features handcrafted coffee drinks and local blends from Austin based tea companies. ($10)
• 10:00 am – Brunch: Grab a plant-based brunch at The Beer Plant. The Beer Plant is Austin's first plant-based gastropub, combining elevated vegan food with craft beer, wine and cocktails. This vegan restaurant has 40 craft taps to be exact. We ordered the Chicken and Waffles, French Toast, and The Skillet. The Chicken and Waffles is the best-selling dish here. For drinks, we tried the Lavender-Blood Orange Mimosa and the Fredericksburg Spritz. Both were good as well. ($25)
• 1:00 pm – Activity 1: Zipline through Texas Hill Country! Cypress Valley Canopy Tours is an aerial resort in the Texas Hill Country. The company offers canopy tours, canopy walks, zip-lining and overnight treehouse accommodations! We took the Zipline Canopy Tour and it was so much fun flying through the canopy of old-growth cypress trees, some up to 100 feet tall. ($80 per person)
• 4:00 pm – Happy Hour: Looking for a low key spot with great tequila drinks? Head to Bar 508 Mezcalerita. The staff members are very friendly and the bartenders are great at making any drink you want on the fly ($15)
• 6:30 pm – Dinner: Grab a bite to eat at La Condesa. La Condesa is an award-winning Mexican restaurant located in Austin’s vibrant 2nd Street District. The modern Mexican restaurant is not vegan but it has a couple options. We highly recommend ordering the Guacamole & Salsa Tasting, Vegana Salad, Coliflor entree, and Hongos a La Parilla entrée. ($10-30)
Total Per Person: $130-150 plus tax and tip
Day 3 – Relax and Unwind
• 9:00 am – Breakfast: For coffee head Jo’s Coffee for a drink and light bites. The I Love You So Much mural is located on the side of Jo's Coffee Shop. The wall attracts a large crowd. So if you want to snap a picture here without waiting in a long line, we would recommend visiting the shop during the off peak hours. Think 10am or 3pm. ($10)
• 10:30 am – Pool Time. Relax at your hotel’s pool (FREE)
• 1:00 pm – Lunch: Plow Burger serves plant-based burgers, wings, and fries. You can find them inside at Buzzmill coffee shop. We got the Campfire Burger and it was out of this world. ($15)
• 3:00 pm – Head home.
Total Per Person: $30 plus tax and tip
Thanks for reading this Weekend Guide to Austin! Let us know what you think of the guide and if you have been to any of our suggestions. Comment down below!
Until Next Time,
“Your life is happening now. Make it amazing!”
Start planning your next trip buy ENTERING TO WIN $100 e-GIFT CARD TO AMAZON.
See the form below for details. Just simply scroll to fill out the form below to win! The terms and conditions are here.