Updated: Nov 21, 2018
Discover San Francisco like a local! Our San Francisco itinerary will blow your mind.
Known for diversity, views and culture, San Francisco is a great city to visit. Check out these tips, top attractions, hidden gems and more. We included everything in this San Francisco guide!
Some of the activities listed in this itinerary included:
Free Walking Tour
Color Wall Hunting
This guide is jam-packed with amazing experiences. To tailor your visit to San Francisco, check out the guide for Weekend Guide: This San Francisco Itinerary Will Blow Your Mind. We included restaurants (vegan-friendly), entertainment, tours and beaches to help you get the most out of your vacation!
*Note: You will need a car or another method of transportation to get around.
Day 1 – Beach, Color Wall Hunting and Pedal Boating
• 6:30 am - Breakfast: OYO (On Your Own) • 7:00 am – Activity 1: Drive to Baker Beach to soak up the sun and swim. This little beach sits on the water where the Pacific Ocean meets the SF Bay. This spot is a local favorite because it is nice and quiet. All you have to do is sit back and relax! It is cold, 55 to 65F, so be sure to visit during the afternoon. See tips before you go here. (FREE) • 10:00 am – Activity 2: We love murals. Enjoy color wall hunting in SF before lunch. You can find a guide here. There are tons in the Mission District! (FREE) • 12:00 pm - Lunch: Head to Gracias Madre for a meatless Mexican, all vegan and organic meal. This restaurant is fantastic. We love the Enchiladas Verdes, Tacos and Coliflor Frito ($12) • 1:30 pm – Activity 3: Visit the iconic Painted Ladies. The Painted Ladies are not women. They are Victorian homes in Alamo Square! These photogenic structures have appeared in numerous TV and film productions, like “Full House.” (FREE) • 2:30 pm – Activity 4: Take a chill pill and pedal boat on Stow Row Lake! Stow Lake is a fun outdoor experience that allows you to get out and enjoy nature. The Boathouse offers two styles of boats for rent: row ($22.00/hour) and pedal ($27.50/hour). • 4:00 pm – Pick Me Up:
Option 1 - Coffee: If you need a little pick me up, head over to Trouble Coffee. They are famous for their Cinnamon Toast (not vegan). ($4)
Option 2 – Ice Cream: We all scream for ice cream. Go to Garden Creamery for the best ice cream in SF. They have vegan options too! ($5)
• 8:00 pm – Dinner: Step into the Jungle by dining at Tonga Room & Hurricane Bar. This restaurant will wow you with its tropical décor, live band, and indoor pool! Vegan options are available ($30)
Total Per Person: $60 plus tax and tip
Day 2 – Bay Cruise and Walking Tour
• 7:30 am - Breakfast: Enjoy a fresh vegan meal at Seed & Salt. We love the S+S Breakfast Sandwich. The sandwich is made out of a savory chickpea frittata with walnut chorizo, cashew “cheddar” cheese, caramelized onions, pimento mayo and sprouts all on a gluten-free chia baguette. ($10) • 9:00 am – Activity 1: Want to see the crookedest street in the world?! Visits Lombard Street for view San Francisco’s most popular landmark. (FREE) Here are a few tips about how to get there according to SF Travel:
Bus: Take the 30, which runs from Union Square. Get off on Columbus near Lombard. Walk west (uphill) to get to Jones. This is the bottom of the hill where the curvy part of Lombard Street begins.
Cable car: The Hyde Street cable car will drop you off at the top of the curvy part of the street. Also, The Powell-Mason cable car line stops at Lombard and Columbus.
Car: Note that the curvy portion of Lombard Street only runs one way, towards the east. To drive you’ll want to come to this street from Van Ness, turning east on Lombard.
• 10:50 am – Activity 2: If you visit the Bay area, then you must go on a Bay Cruise. This fully narrated, 60-minute cruise will take you to the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island (you’ll hear stories of life on “The Rock” from the inmates, guards and families who lived and worked on the Island), SF water-front, the Presidio and more! ($29) • 12:30 pm – Lunch: Eat at Pat’s Café for some home cookin’. American inspired brunch is served on Saturdays and Sundays. Vegan options are available but limited. ($8) • 2:00 pm – Activity 4: An excellent way to see the city is by walking. Head over to the Transamerica Pyramid for a free walking tour by Free Tours By Foot. You can a reserve a tour centered around the Gold Rush, Chinatown, Downtown, Little Italy and more! We took The Gold, Guns and Fire: The San Francisco Gold Rush tour. It was incredible! (FREE, you pay what you want) • 5:00 pm – Activity 5: Color wall hunt round 2! Enjoy color wall hunting in SF after your tour. You can find a different guide here. (FREE) • 8:00 pm – Dinner: For sustainable and delicious vegetarian dishes head to Greens in Marina Bay. The panoramic views are unbelievable! We HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to everyone. The Green Corn Soup and Green Curry was to die. ($45)
Total Per Person: $95 plus tax and tip
Day 3 – Wine Country Tour
• 7:30 am - Breakfast: OYO (On Your Own)
• 8:00 am to 5:00 pm – Activity 1: Go on a Wine Country Tour because “wine” not! We loved our experience with Napa Valley Wine County Tours. You can read our review of the Napa & Sonoma Tour Company, view itinerary and more. Click to read The Best Wine Tour for Exploring Napa and Sonoma. ($89, Wine tasting not included)
• 8:00 pm – Dinner: After the wine tour you’ll be too tired to do anything! Head to Katana Ya for some enchanting Ramen in a laid back atmosphere. They play throwback and current R&B/Pop music too! Vegan options are available ($10)
Total Per Person: $104 (plus $60 for wine tasting) plus tax and tip
Thanks for reading this Weekend Guide to San Francisco!
What recommendations do you want to try? Let me know in the comments below!
Until Next Time,
“Your life is happening now. Make it amazing!”