Who said your low budget trip couldn’t be fun? You can explore Miami on $50 a day! We love The Magic City because it is a playground for adults. Art Deco beaches, Latin-inspired culture, and lush marine life are some qualities travelers love.
Even though we took this trip in the summer months, you can book your tickets for a Miami winter getaway now. The warm weather here lasts all year round! So, you can plan your trip in any season. *Pro Tip: Avoid the summer months. It’s way too humid.
We know that there are tons of things to do in this city besides sunbathing. Thus, we also recommended activities that go beyond the sand.
Some of the activities listed in this itinerary included:
Color Wall Hunting
Check out our itinerary for $50 a Day Budget in Miami. Even though we had one day to spend in this incredible city, we jam-packed the itinerary with amazing experiences. We included restaurants (vegan-friendly), entertainment, tours, and beaches to help you get the most out of your vacation!
Hope you are ready to sunbathe, sip and see all Miami has to offer. Cheers to ballin’ on a budget.
*Note: You will need a car or another method of transportation to get around.
Day 1 – How to Explore Miami on $50 a Day
• 9:00 am – Activity 1: We love murals. Enjoy color wall hunting in Miami. Before it becomes crowded, head to the Wynwood District and take some photos of the murals. Be sure to go early. Trust us..there will be tons of people walking around later. The art in this neighborhood is fantastic. You can find a guide here (FREE).
• 10:00 am – Breakfast: Head to Bunnie Cakes for some vegan cupcakes, cookies, cakes, and donuts. There are gluten free options too. The storefront is decked out in cheerful, inviting colors and sayings. You want to visit! *Warning: They are overpriced. ($6).
• 10:45 am - Activity 2: To see more graffiti and street art, walk over to the Wynwood Walls.
According to the Wynwood Walls site, “The Wynwood Walls program has seen over 50 artists representing 16 countries and have covered over 80,000 square feet of walls. They have become a must-see international destination, with media coverage that has included the New York Times, BBC News, Vanity Fair, and Forbes, who mentioned them along with Wynwood on their list of America’s hippest neighborhoods.”
You can visit this street art museum for free or experience its full effect by taking a tour. We did not do this, but if you have extra cash feel free to book a private walking tour here (FREE).
• 12:00 pm – Lunch: Grab a bite to eat at DIRT. They make real, clean farm fresh food. They offer vegan, vegetarian, grass-fed, gluten-free and paleo dishes. We recommend the Clean Bowl or the Dirty Vegan Salad ($11).
Day 1 Continued - How to Explore Miami on $50 a Day
• 1:00 pm – Activity 3: Ever been on a Yoloyak?! Yoloyaks are full adventure boards that combines the elements of a paddleboard with the durability of a kayak. You can book YoloYaks through SoSup – Key Biscayne.
For $20 (1 hr/ one person) or $25 (1 hr/2 people) you will get a quick tutorial on how to use the equipment, and then you are off to enjoy the Key Biscayne Bay. We love this area because there are views of the Miami city skyline. *Warning: They will cancel your reservation if the weather is bad. However, you will get a refund. You can book a YoloYak here ($12.50 per person).
• 2:30 pm – Activity 4: Vamos a la playa! Let’s go to the beach! South Beach is one of Florida’s primary attractions. The Art Deco at the beach is one of the main reasons we visited!
The Miami Art Deco District is the largest concentration of Art Deco architecture in the world. On the beach, you can find several brightly colored lifeguard towers that represent the art deco design. You can view a map/list of the lifeguard towers here. We loved the one at 3rd Street! (FREE)
• 3:30 pm – Activity 5: Hop in the water after you view the lifeguard towards and walk the shoreline. Nothing beats relaxing at the beach (FREE).
• 7:00 pm – Dinner: Head to Blue Collar for exceptional food in a casual atmosphere. Most people stop by for their beef specials. They do offer vegan options. We recommend trying the Veggie Plate ($19).
Total Per Person: $48.50 (Tax and tip not included)
Thanks for reading How to Explore Miami on $50 a Day.
What recommendations do you want to try? Let us know in the comments below!
Until Next Time,
“Your life is happening now. Make it amazing!”