Have you celebrated your adult birthday during coronavirus yet? Running out of things to do on your birthday? Going out to dinner is fun and all but it gets old…like you! We dream of taking an exotic vacation somewhere for our birthday. THEN COVID HAPPENED.
Here's how to celebrate your adult birthday in Dallas...or any other city for that matter! Here are some safer, Covid-19 friendly ideas you can use for planning your adult birthday in Dallas.
We’ve found multiple restaurants that are practicing safety measures and activities that you can do to celebrate your adult birthday during Covid-19. In fact, we created a Covid-19 itinerary so that you can have the best time in Dallas safely.
Check out this guide to having a memorable birthday! You only get to celebrate once a year (or twice, three times, who is counting?) enjoy it. The list below is exactly what we used to celebrate. Hope this helps you celebrate your adult birthday celebration in Dallas during Covid-19. We give you everything you need to know before visiting each location. So, use this post and let us help you plan a birthday you will never forget.
For more planning ideas, check out how we celebrated in Dallas last year - Staycation Itinerary: Ideas for Planning Your Adult Birthday in Dallas and xxx. We posted different itineraries with various activities.
Disclaimer: This post, 14 Fun (and Safe) Ways to Celebrate Your Birthday in Dallas in Dallas is sponsored by Mexican Sugar, Trophy Nissan, Ida Claire, and Download Cherry. As always, all opinions are my own.
14 Fun (and Safe) Ways to Celebrate Your Birthday in Dallas
1. Lunch at @mexicansugar - Highly recommend the margarita flight! Ordering vegan food at a TexMex restaurant is so easy. The squash blossom quesadilla (no cheese) and the veggie fajitas are my favorite dishes. The black beans are vegan but not the rice.
Mexican Sugar serves sultry, Latin-inspired cuisine and offers dine-in, curbside, delivery, and private dining options. Let me know if you try it! Check my stories for more food pics.
2. Hotel check-in @lemeridiendallas for a staycation
3. Virtual Wine Tasting @samanthasommelier -We booked a virtual wine tasting held through Zoom with Sam the Sommelier. She sent use wine tasting grids, wine tasting mats, custom wine, and food pairing guide, along with a wine 101 guide. She also provided specific wines to purchase in our specified budget with other suggestions that we were able to find at our local wine shop. I will send you more information on the wine suggestions once payment is received.
4. Dinner @sixtyvinesuptown - Sixty Vines is an eco-friendly dining option! They are sustainable and farm-to-table. Food should not only taste good but make you feel good, too! The pasta and pizza can be modified to be vegan.
5. Mani pedi with @downloadcherry
6. Lunch at @idasouthofordinary - We visited the Addison location and sat in their “Airstream” safely away from others! The menu has a southern flare but we were able to modify the chicken kale salad to be vegan. Highly recommend that you add roasted chickpeas, avocado, and balsamic. It was one of the best-modified salad we had in a long time. Don’t forget to order a mimosa too!
7. Drinking and light bites in the Snowglobe at @thestatler
We did not know this, but there is a champagne bar at the back of the restaurant. To check it out, get to The Charles before your reservation. Notify the host that you are there and head to the very back of the building (you have to walk outside). The bar, Bar Charles, has plush velvet seats and antique decor. It is super cute! The host will come to get you when your table is ready.
For food, we got vegan versions of the butter lettuce, crispy potatoes, charred broccoli, spicy crest di gallo, and pistachio lumache. We highly recommend this eatery for your birthday dinner. You can make reservations on Opentable.
9.Morning coffee at @mercatbistro
10. Brunch at @skyblossomrooftop
11. Window shopping at West Village
12. Dinner at @trulucksrestaurant - Located in the vibrant Uptown neighborhood at the corner of Maple and McKinney Avenues, Truluck’s Dallas sits just north of downtown, blocks from the Museum District and American Airlines Center, and a short drive from Love Field. Truluck’s is committed to serving the freshest seafood available, and creating memorable moments nightly for their guests.
13. Optional: Drinking at @theadolphushotel in the snowglobe
14. Holiday tea @theadolphushotel
If you got to any of these places, let me know!
Until Next Time,
“Your life is happening now. Make it amazing!”