GIVEAWAY AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST
Discover San Francisco like a local! Our ultimate 2019 San Francisco itinerary will blow your mind. We visited the bay area for our Mom's birthday this time and it was so much fun! We traveled to the city three times in the past. So, we were thrilled to discover new places to visit in the city. To see what we did before, check out Best Guide to a Bachelorette Weekend in San Francisco, Weekend Guide: San Francisco 2017, and The Best Wine Tour for Exploring Napa & Sonoma.
Why do we love it so much? Known for diversity, food and culture, San Francisco is a great place to visit. We got tons of tips, top attractions, hidden gems for you to include in your next trip to the city.
We packed a lot into this 2019 San Francisco guide! The Bay Area has a lot to offer. From seeing the sights to exploring nightlife, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Here are some of the activities listed in this itinerary:
Free Walking Tour
Day 1 - Hidden Gems
• 9:00 am Arrive
• 12:30 pm Brunch: Little Gem on Grove is a modern, non-vegan eatery. They have great vegan options as well. We got the Butter Lettuce salad and Bibimbap with tofu. Be sure to take off certain ingredients to make the dishes vegan ($15-20)
• 2:30pm Happy Hour: Anina is one of the best cocktail bars in the city. It is very bright and airy. The vibe has a island-inspired feel too it. We love a good cocktail lounge so be sure to try their punch bowls and grab a seat at the cute picnic tables ($20)
• 4:00-6:00pm: Break
• 6:00-7:15pm: We can find a great, picturesque location anywhere, If you want to take capture the moment, head to the Marina for a picture. We went to the Marina and Yacht Club to get pictures by the water.
• 7:30pm Dinner: For sustainable and delicious vegetarian dishes head to Greens in Marina Bay. This is one of the best vegetarian restaurants in the city by far. The panoramic views are unbelievable! We HIGHLY recommend this restaurant to everyone. Tons of vegan options are available on the menu ($30)
• 10:15pm-12:00am Nightcap: Want to go to a It's a speakeasy within a speakeasy? Wilson & Wilson is a speakeasy located within speakeasy called Bourbon & Branch. Reservations are required (they send you the password for the night when you book it) and it's only for an hour and a half window. Be sure to get the three cocktail flight. You choose three different cocktails from their list to taste ($35)
Total Per Person: $100-105 plus tax and tip
Day 2 – Napa and Sonoma Wine Tour
• 8:00am Breakfast:- Before you head out for the day stop by Mr. Holmes Bakehouse. It is a trendy and cute bakery serving a mix of tarts, donuts, croissant, and muffins. When we went they had one vegan option. The line will be out the door so we suggest getting here as early as possible ($3)
• 8:30am – 5:00pm Activity 1: Wine tour - Go on a Wine Country Tour because “wine” not! We loved our experience with Napa Valley Wine County Tours. You can read our old review of the Napa & Sonoma Tour Company, view itinerary and more. Click to read Napa Valley Travel Guide: Best Winery Tour. ($89 Wine tasting not included)
• 5:30pm Happy Hour: Want to keep the party going?! Head to Del Mar (Tiki Bar). It is a tropical bar with swing chairs (clearly we like tiki bars, haha). They have a dance floor and a huge set of Jenga in the back of the bar. We recommend getting a punch bowl (if you are with a group) or the Fin & Gin cocktail ($13)
• 7:30pm Dinner: Beretta is an Italian restaurant with handcrafted pizzas and comfort for that is fresh and seasonal. Great if you want food of substance after drinking wine all day! ($10-20)
Total Per Person: $115-125 plus tax and tip
Day 3 - Sightseeing
•6:30am put bags in the lobby waiting area of the hotel
•7:00am Activity 1: Want another photo op? Head to The Gold Gate Bridge Welcome center to get a great shot.
•8:00am Breakfast: For a light snack and coffee go to Reveille Coffee Co. It is the cutest cafe with bright decor. We got the match latte with soy and it was pretty tasty ($4)
•10:00am – 1pm Walking Tour: An excellent way to see the city is by walking. Head over to the Free Tours By Foot website for a free walking tour. You can a reserve a tour centered around the Gold Rush, Chinatown, Downtown, Little Italy and more (FREE)
1:15pm Brunch: Head to Gracias Madre for a meatless Mexican, all vegan and organic meal. This restaurant is fantastic and we go here every time we are in the area. We love the mimosas, Potato & Chorizo Hash, and the Chimichanga ($15)
3:00pm Activity 2: Coit Tower is an excellent place to go if you want to see views of the city. It is an iconic 210-foot tower in the Telegraph Hill neighborhood. Tower where you can see views of the city. You can buy tickets for the observation deck online or at the gift shop. Tip: The murals inside the tower’s base were painted in 1934 by a group of artists employed by the Public Works of Art Project. You can book a tour of the Tower including the murals online too ($7-9 per person)
4:45pm Leave: Head to hotel for bags then airport
Total Per Person: $26 -35 plus tax and tip
Thanks for reading this Weekend Guide to San Francisco! Let us know what you think of this guide in the comments below.
Get energized about planning your next trip by ENTERING TO WIN $100 GIFT CARD TO STARBUCKS.
See the form below for details. Just simply fill out the form below to win! The terms and conditions are here.
Until Next Time,
“Your life is happening now. Make it amazing!”