November Giveaway and Review: Enter To Win Premium Cocktails from Cocktail Courier or Wine from Club W
Do you want to be a member of a personalized wine club?
Would you like to partake in an exclusive online cocktail delivery service?
If so…read on!
Happy November Everyone!
Welcome – returners and first time visitors – to What Taylor Likes! Once again it is time for my blogary to conduct another #ThankYouThursday giveaway. I am excited about this month’s sweepstakes because it is featuring two of my favorite things…cocktails and wine! This gift is perfect for you to win because 1) the concept behind these two companies is ingenious and 2) the holidays are fast approaching. Who doesn’t want to drink and be merry this season?!
Here are the details:
From now until December 9th, I will be hosting a sweepstakes that will gift one box of premium cocktails from Cocktail Courier ($41.94) or 3 bottles of delicious wine from Club W ($45.00). The winner will choose either cocktails or wine for their prize. There will be three “runner-up” prizes as well! All runner-up winners will be emailed a code that will gift them three FREE bottles of wine from Club W. All you have to do is pay $6 USD for shipping. In essence, this sweepstakes will have 4 lucky winners!!!
My review and thoughts about the online cocktail and wine service, what I ordered, how you can order, and more are below!
Cocktail Courier is an online delivery service that offers a unique cocktail experience to its customers through their “on-demand” kits. Every kit is designed to feature drinks made by top local and professional bartenders from all of the U.S. All you have to do is purchase your kits, have it delivered to your residence, and follow the easy step-by-step instructions on the recipe card. Wha-la! Just like that you are a mixologist crafting premium drinks for your friends and family.
How to Order:
To pick and order your kit(s) just go to their website (https://www.cocktailcourier.com/). The kits range between $35-$48 USD plus shipping. Note: The list of cocktails available for you to choose from will change monthly. After you select the drinks, you can also chose for your cocktails to be deliver “à la carte” (in sets of 4, 6, or 12) or as part of a subscription. If you choose to become a subscriber, you will receive a rotating list of cocktails at a discounted price. Cocktails can be sent weekly, bi-monthly or monthly for only $39.99 USD a kit. Once you select the quantity, you proceed to the check out and wait for your drinks to be shipped! Note: A person 21 or older has to be present to sign for the package when it is delivered. With each kit you will receive literature that includes the inventory of what you received, a recipe card and a thank you note from the company.
What Taylor Ordered:
To test out this service, I ordered the Moscow Mule. IT WAS SO GOOD. Initially, I had my reservations about this drink. I questioned the level of difficulty and rather or not I could duplicate the Moscow Mule because I bought this drink at various restaurants in the past. I was 75% certain that my creation will be horrible but I was excited to play the role of a mixologist. My kit came with all the ingredients necessary to make 6 cocktails. I also received perishable items like limes and ginger syrup. I even have a little bit left over to make a 7th drink!
Overall thoughts (Pros and Cons):
1) I love this company and its concept of the online cocktail delivery service. Cocktail Courier is exceptional because they do not just market any ‘ole cocktails. These premium kits are designed by the BEST professional bartenders around the country.
2) The company features the recipes of both local and well-known bartenders from cities like San Francisco, Dallas, Chicago, New York and etc. Next time I order, I will opt in for a subscription because I definitely got a lot of “bang for my buck.” ;)
I say (faux) cons because to my judgment, this is not a list of disadvantages for me. For you, however, they might be… so I will share four of them with you!
1) The kit(s) provides you with FRESH, PERISHABLE items that have a self-life of 10 days (approximately). When I received my package on October 30th, the label on the bag that contained my limes and ginger syrup had an expiration date of November 9th. So, I had 11 days to use my product. For those of you who like to plan ahead, this might be a “con” because it is recommended that the customer use the products immediately for best results. They do, however, have incredibly fast shipping so if you are worried your cocktail kit will not arrive in time…don’t be.
2) The drinks are strong! No really… it packs a punch. I like this aspect but you may not.
Make sure you share your creation with friends, family and the neighbors.
3) If you do not already own bar tools, you have to buy them separately either from Cocktail Courier or elsewhere. For example, I opted to buy my Moscow Mule cups from a store called Kirkland’s in order to capture the full effect and experience of the kit.
4) Cocktail Courier will only deliver to select states. They do not ship to those in AL, AR, DE, KY, MS, ND, OK, RI, SD and UT.
I have been a member of this wine club for a year now and it is amazing. The Club W website describes the company as both a wine club and a global winery that has a strong passion for making impeccable wines that are low in cost. Club W is extraordinary because they “build a direct relationship with vineyards and farmers to make exceptional small lot wines at prices impossible to achieve at retail…”
How to Ordered:
I am obsessed with Club W because it is a personalized wine club. The site will send or recommend wines for you to choose from based on your “palate profile” (a test you take upon signing up). To get your box all you have to do is sign up, complete the palate profile, pick your wines and check out! A monthly subscription with Club W will cost $39 USD plus $6 USD for shipping. All bottles start at $13 dollars but if you order bottles that are $15, for example, your total bill will be higher. Club W covers the shipping on orders of 6 bottles or more! You must be 21 years old or older to accept your Club W package when it is delivered.
Visit their website for more details (https://clubw.com/).
What Taylor Ordered:
I order three different 3 bottles of wine.
1) The Independent ($13)
Origin: Lodi, California
Smell: Dates, fig, plum, cherry, dried basil, rose petals
Club W says:
The 2014 Independent® Zinfandel trades its predecessor’s fruit-forwardness for more subtle, sophisticated notes of date, cherry, and dried basil, and the fruit grew on the same old vines (nearly a century old) that made Condos’s 2013 vintage so special. These vines have deep roots that produce fruit with layers of concentrated flavor — so it’s no surprise that this guy’s structured and complex. We suggest popping a bottle of our newest Independent on a chill night in or while watching football with friends. You can even take it to the next level with the classic Americana pairing: California Zin and cheddar cheese!
2) Oh Snap! ($16)
Type: Sparkling wine made from 100% Chenin Blanc
Origin: Clarksburg, California
Smell: Pear, honeydew, gummy bears, wet stone
Club W says:
Oh Snap!’s grapes were the first in from our 2014 harvest. We wanted to pick the fruit a little early in order to keep their natural acidity in check to ensure a refreshing finish. On the nose, Oh Snap! Smells like a Carmen Miranda hat with aromas of pineapple, mango, pear and melon. On the palate, Chenin Blanc is known for its creamy texture and signature mineral notes, so you get all that goodness jazzed up by some fine bubbles and the sweetness is balanced by a tart aftertaste.
3) One From the Quiver ($13)
Origin: Mendoza, Argentine
Smell: Cherry, raspberry, cinnamon stick, black licorice
Club W says:
When Argentina first became hot on the wine scene there was a huge push towards using tons of oak, but over the years winemakers like Brian have been artfully honing in the style. One from the Quiver is a great example of that refinement with a more subtle take on oak. With a little dusty, sunbaked earth and a sprinkling of sweet spice, juicy cherry fruit flavors will please your palate. Velvety texture and an incredibly smooth and silky finish? There’s a reason everyone loves Malbec.
Overall thoughts (Pros and Cons):
There are many advantages with Club W.
1) Ordering and picking your bottles is simple and fast.
2) Your package comes with literature that educates you about the wine you selected and what type of foods the bottle will pair well. This is useful for those – young and old – who want to expand their palate or learn more about wine.
3) Another great aspect is that Club W is all about sustainability. They strive to obtain an intimate relationship with nature so that they can craft wine while minimizing their environmental impact. For example, reducing the company’s carbon footprint and supporting sustainable farming practices all assist Club W in making eco-conscious decisions.
4) Club W has vegan, biodynamic, natural and vented wines!
1) The biggest criticism I have about Club W is that it is very easy to forget about your subscription. You will only remember that you are member when you look up and Club W has taken $45 USD out of your bank account and sent you an email saying, “Your wine is on its way!” It is possible to “skip” months of your subscription with Club W but you have to remember to select this option in your account before your monthly order ships.
Until Next Time,
"Your life is happening now. Make it amazing!"
Terms and Conditions
The November #THANKYOUTHURSDAY sweepstakes will begin on November 12, 2015 at 12:00pm CT and end December 9, 2015 at 11:59pm CT. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the U.S. only. All participants must be 21 or older. Participants can enter once daily. Prizes cannot be shipped to P.O. Boxes. If you choose Cocktail Courier as your gift of choice, you must reside outside of these states: AL, AR, DE, KY, MS, ND, OK, RI, SD and UT. Winner will be selected at random and be notified by email. Winner will have 7 days to respond before a new winner is selected. If you win, I or the sponsor will fulfill the prize and in a timely manner. I will contact the sponsor regarding your prize(s). The sponsors, in most cases, are shipping their items to you directly. I will make every effort to assist you obtaining your prize. If there is an issue with a sponsor, please notify me within 30 days for assistance, after that I may be unable to assist you. If I reviewed a product, the product provided for the review was free of charge from the company. The product offered for the giveaway is free of charge, no purchase necessary. There are possible exclusions with Runner-Up prizes. Runner-Up winners may have to pay shipping charges. My opinions are my own and were not influenced by any form of compensation. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Google+ are in no way associated with this sweepstakes. By providing your information in this form, you are providing your information to me and me alone. I do not share or sell information and will use any information only for the purpose of contacting the winner. Once you have read and/or entered the Sweepstakes you automatically agree to the policies laid therein.